Friday, 14 May 2010

Sleep Is Death for $ Whatever


Just a month after releasing Sleep is Death, the mastermind that is Jason Rohrer slashes the price of his two player storytelling game to whatever interested players want to pay him. Okay, not exactly "whatever", it's at least $1.75 but still. A bargain's a bargain and I suspect the spectacular success of the Humble Indie Bundle might've influenced this decision a tiny little bit.

I actually preordered Sleep is Death way back in April, but so far I've not found the time to play around with it. What I've seen of it looks spectacular though. People seem to come up with genuinely weird tales so far, like the Dr. Who fanfiction by the Burch siblings here from which I've created the header. And while we're at it, Jason Rohrer has had an interesting conversation with Chris Crawford last year on German/French TV station Arte's "Into the Night..." programme. Unfortunately it's no longer available directly from Arte, so I'll sneakily link to it here.

1 comment:

  1. "I actually preordered Sleep is Death way back in April, but so far I've not found the time to play around with it. What I've seen of it looks spectacular though."

    Same story here, bro. But eventually we'll get to it. :)

    And thanks again for the documentary - it's interesting conversation and some of it touches exactly on the core ideas behind SID.

    ReplyDelete